Question: My benefit type drop-down isn’t working and I am getting the error message “No valid benefit type”. I can’t complete the application.
Answer: The funding source associated with this program might not be set up correctly. Please see an Agency Admin or another user with the appropriate rights to make changes to a funding sources.
- Save the application as pending so you can come back to it later.
- Go to Programs on the top menu and then Funding Sources Admin on the left-hand menu.
- Search for the funding source that is associated with the program and click on the Funding Source Name.
- On the Funding Source Overview, click “Edit” from the General Details header.
- You will see the Funding Source name, the Total Allocation, and the Accounting Code. Click “Add Fund” under the Funding Source Name.
- Here, you can allocate funds for use. Select the benefit types you would like these funds to be used for, which counties you would like the funds available in, and the amount you would like to allocate.
- If you would like to divide the funds between benefit type and/or county, you may do so by clicking “Add Fund” under the notes section. This will give you more fields to add another fund.
- Once you have allocated your funds for use, click “Save”. You will be redirected to the Funding Source Overview, where you will see each fund listed under the Funds section.
- Pull up the client’s pending application from the Client’s History or Programs & Services page. The benefit types allowed via the funding source will now populate in the drop-down menu without error.