There are three referral types available:
- Referral Out (To Partner)
- Referral In (To CAA)
- Intra-Agency Referral (Internal)
A Referral Out is best suited for referrals that CAAs are completing to navigate clients to an outside partner. Ex. A CAA refers a client to Goodwill for clothing or to the local food bank for a meal.
A Referral In is best suited for referrals that CAAs are receiving after outside partners navigate them in. Ex. Salvation Army refers a client to the local CAA for LIHEAP.
An Internal Referal is best suited for referrals that occur between departments or programs within a CAA. Ex. The LIHEAP office refers a household to the Head Start office because they have a young child.
All Referrals (regardless of the type) will require the following:
- Who is applying
- Who will receive services
- The date of the referral
- The source of the referral (Home Visit, Phone, Walk-in, Email)
- Partner the client is referred to
- Note that in the case of Referral In or Internal Referral, the CAA or departments within the CAA (LIHEAP, Head Start, etc.) will need to be set up as Referral Partners
- Client Need (Reason) (food, clothing, housing, etc.)
Please sign in to leave a comment.