Q: what kind of computer should I buy to run CASTiNET 3.0?
A: you don't need anything special to run CASTiNET 3.0, but here are some guidelines:
We build, test and support using Google Chrome, so that is a must!
CASTiNET 3.0 Computer guidelines:
- The latest updated version of Microsoft Windows 10 (Prefer Pro or Enterprise)
- Reliable, fast internet connection.
- Processor - Intel i5 or better.
- RAM - at least 4G, 8 would be nice, 16 is great!
- Hard drive space- most are at least 128G or more. (an SSD drive is best)
- Use Hard drive encrytpion like Bitlocker.
- Antivirus - windows defender will do just fine
- good mouse, keyboard, monitor
Q: What about Apple MAC?
A: Apple MACs are known to run CASTiNET 3.0 just fin in Google Chrome. We don't test on Apple devices, so you are taking a little bit of a chance that something may not work as desired.
Q: What about LINUX, FreeBSD, ipad, iphone, android, tablet, etc etc.
A: We test on Microsoft Windows under Google Chrome. Anything beyond that you can use, but it may not perform as desired, and we may not fully support. It costs too much to test and support every Operating System, every device, and every hardware configuration.
keywords: specifications, specs, buy new computer